Rollercoaster

You say
Step right up, and take a ride!
but
I can't 'cause I'm too tired
from all the back and forth from this emotional roller coaster
you keep taking me on
I'm scorned but I keep coming back for more
When I hear your voice it's like a new door opening
Hoping in this go-round things will be better

I love you! I love you! I love you!
I always have and always will
but still
You find ways to see through me
When it's true see
See all the things I've done
One time I even brought flowers to your job
Sobbed on the phone while listening to your woes
But I suppose that wasn't good enough
You try to act tough and not let your true feelings show
But you know I might not be around when you are ready
Instead see things for what they are right now
You can't keep living in the past
Just because your previous relationship didn't last
That doesn't mean we can't try
I don't know why you insist on being lonely
If only you could see the future
I would treat you with the utmost respect
A perfect life we would have…

But instead you speak to me with riddles and rhymes
'cause you scared to say how you really feel
I don't understand what you are so afraid of
All I ever wanted to give you was my love
Love unconditional: without rules and regulations
They say patience is a virtue
But as time goes by my feelings for you accrue
I wish I knew then what I know now
But how can I make myself stop loving you

I'm tired
I don't want to ride
I just can't ride anymore
I know there's more out there for me
You can't be the only fish in my sea
Lord, please hear my plea
I got to break free of this magnetic hold
That he has on me

Keesha D. Fox

(recebido por mail)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário